Thursday, October 2, 2008

Do You Find It Funny?

Do you ever wonder why we find certain things funny? I'm sitting here as I type this watching that show America's Funniest Videos. At least I assume that's still it's name. I was flipping channels looking for something interesting to watch while I do a little Internet stalking...I settled for this show. I'll admit, it's mostly a dumb show but from time to time there is a funny video on there...tonight there are several. Now, I would go into detail about what was so funny but that's what made me think of writing this. (Okay like I ever need a "real" topic to write about-this may be the "fluffiest" blog you've ever read) What is funny? Funny is subjective. Isn't it? There are a few people I know that I would classify as funny.

Josh Warthen - this guy is hilarious...just try playing Balderdash with this guy. You may know exactly which answers are his, but they'll have you laughing so hard you won't care about the rest of the game. Josh has random humor. I remember him renaming both dogs we had in college. He would spend all night calling Scout by another name until the poor dog actually believed that was his name.

Brent Sorrels - (though I'll admit, with his wife they are a dynamic duo) can make me laugh at absolutely nothing. Maybe it's not so much what he says as how he says it.

Zain Hakeem - Most of Zain's hilarity comes via Sheri Hull. However I would have to say his theory on One Child Left Behind, while making some sense, has me in stitches every time I read it. Yes, that's right, One Child Left Behind. While I had full intention of posting a couple of bits or pieces I wouldn't want to butcher the masterpiece that it is or suck the funniness out of it in anyway. (*For the full theory shoot me an email and I can share it with you.)

This is not a conclusive list of those that make me laugh. I bring these people up because their humor is perhaps subjective. While I (and many others) think them quite funny or even hilarious, some people just don't get their sense of humor, some people just don't find them funny (I'm actually quite sure these people have NO sense of humor but, whatever...). While I'm glad there is such a variety of humor in this world to satisfy everyone's funny bone, I'm most thankful for wit, dry humor, and the occasional practical joke...


*Pending approval from Zain. After all, it's his theory...

No comments: