Thursday, October 14, 2010

A few of my favorite things...

Yum. This was dinner for me and a friend recently.  I think it's time for a repeat!



First came the Macadamia-Crusted Barramundi with Mango Cream Sauce


Then Saffron Rice and Sauteed Asparagus


All beautifully together on my plate (yes I ate it all - don't even ask)


This poor mango slice gets eaten moments after this picture.


Can we have a moment of silence for the blueberry shortcake? Obviously with fresh whipped cream.



Macadamia-Crusted Barramundi (You can really use any white fleshed fish)

1 Mango peeled, seeded, diced
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
1 pound fresh fish (bass, barramundi, something that can withstand a good crust)
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tablespoon olive oil

Combine nuts, crumbs 1 teaspoon olive oil, pepper, and red pepper flakes in a food processor and process in pulses until finely ground (don't just let it go or you'll have macadamia butter, which is tasty, but not good for this recipe). Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 Celsius for those of you outside the U.S. - or Belize...)
In a small sauce pan heat cream, mango, and lemon juice over medium heat until boiling then reduce the heat and simmer until thick. You may have to use a blender to get the consistency you want. I used my immersion blender...that I love so...
Season the fish with salt and pepper then begin packing on the crust. Place the fish on a cooling rack set over a sheet pan. (This allows the fish to cook more quickly and also keeps the bottom from getting soggy.) Then place the fish into the oven. Roast until cooked through. Serve with the oh-so-amazing mango cream sauce.

I don't have the exact recipe for the blueberry shortcake anymore. But if anyone would like it I can certainly find it.

I also apologize for the pics. Something is up with my camera and until I find out what it is...or get a new one...I think I am stuck with that foggy spot towards the bottom of the pictures.

No comments: